Friday, June 08, 2007

Jericho RETURNS!

Screw Paris! This is much more important.

From my earlier post, I was quite upset at the cancellation of one of my favorite shows, Jericho. Now, it seems I was not alone in this travesty.

According to THIS ARTICLE on yahoo news today, Jericho has been revived and given another extension on life. YAAAAAY!

It seems that bloggers and fans everywhere have created such a stir that the network executives have decided to order seven more mid-season episodes.

While I feel that they are still undervaluing their product, its definitely a start. Of course, they lost a lot of their audience last year because they allowed their core audience to drift when the show went on a three-month hiatus.

Low ratings were sited as the reason for the cancellation and the stir of controversy afterward was responsible for the renewed interest in this under rated gem.

I remember Fox executives reviving another cancelled show called Family Guy after DVD sales went through the roof. They simply assumed people weren't watching.

I rarely have time to catch shows at their regularly scheduled times. I typically watch them before bed on my lap top via the internet: My Name Is Earl, Scrubs, Jericho, & Heroes.

BTW, Heroes producers have promised to introduce four new characters over the summer and allow viewers to select who they like best. Knowing what I know about marketing, I'm sure they will find a way to introduce all four new characters into the storyline at some point. Either way, I'll be happy. BRING IT ON!

No comments: