Thursday, April 19, 2007

I just bought my own radio station!

Okay, so maybe I'm not really cool or rich enough to buy my own radio station, but for only $2.99 a month (paid for full year), I get 12 months of digital quality radio piped straight into my laptop and to my ears. You can get it for free if you don't mind a commercial every five songs. The payed subscription kills the ads.

Big deal, you may say. That is only if you haven't experienced Yahoo's music player. You start off by rating music genres and artists based on music YOU like. From this, Yahoo will stream music to your computer using your selections as a guideline. The more stuff you rate, the better your radio station is. If you happen to stop liking something, or a song gets too played out, you can decrease its rating or simply never play it again!

The only thing that keeps the free player from being well worthwhile is the limit imposed by Yahoo on how often a month you can use it. I feel that for $2.99 a month for me to listen to ONLY music I like, it is well worth the money.

There are several limitations to the free service, though.

No comments: